Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 2008 23:17:18 -0400
From:      "David La Croix" <dlacroix@lacroixs.net>
To:        glarkin@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, grog@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for testers: MythTV 0.21 port upgrade

FYI:   I've got a SiliconDust HDHomerun (Just got it).   I've been
able to get it streaming video to vlc and have been dieing to try
mythtv with it.   (Haven't set up a Linux server yet).

System is 6.3 -- i386.     I had to deinstall the ffmpeg port also.
I also had install problems due to an old version of MySQL being
installed...   After upgrading, it seems to be working.

I just have some minor issues with viewing the HD channels live on my
system (AMD Sempron64 3000, which I thought was fast enough) ...   The
only other system I've tried to view it on is a P4 laptop with Ubuntu
...    The issues I'm seeing are probably due to setup issues with
Mythtv (this is the first I've played with it), but I can watch live
tv on any of the Standard def channels ...   High def channels like to
stutter, and I'm not clear if it's a problem with the network card
(vr) in my FreeBSD server or the playback on my client machine.

It seems to be picking up the EIT channel guide from the broadcast no problem.

Only real complaint I have about the port (now that it's installed) is
that it runs the backend as root if you set it up to start from
rc.conf.