Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:57:04 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@hergotha.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        sparc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: woo-hoo!

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 10:46:11PM -0500, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> With the latest main-sym kernel:

TMM fixed the memory barrier issue.  And Gerard Roudier provided an
endian fix.  Good progress in the past 24 hours with sym.

> Once I get back from Thanksgiving vacation hopefully I can play with
> this some more and maybe get an operating system actually installed.

The real question is can you boot from a SCSI disk?  I have not been
successful in doing so.  I got NetBSD installed on it, but OpenBoot won't
boot it.  Solaris 8 (7/01) did not even see the SCSI disk during install.
The latest firmware claims to fix booting from a Symbios controller, but
it didn't for me.

If you want the latest U5/10 firmware, it is at
http://people.freebsd.org/~obrien/106121-16.tar.Z
You can netboot the upgrade, or install from Solaris.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)