Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 16:04:18 -0400
From:      "Clarence Brown" <clabrown@granitepost.com>
To:        "'Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios'" <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD as a real-time solution?

I'm not a FreeBSD expert, but in "Dr. Dobb's Journal" #310 March 2000
(www.ddj.com) there is an article title "Real-Time Linux" that discusses 2
projects to bring real time to Linux. Perhaps these might also be applied to
FreeBSD?

Also, define "precise time measurements". What is the rate and granularity
that you need? If your DOS system is "working", why do you want to "fix" it?
<grin>

Mentioned in the article:

RTLinux
at http://www.rtlinux.org,

Real Time Application Interface, (an offshoot of RTLinux with better
timers?)
at http://www.aero.polimi.it/projects/rtai

Cla.