Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:31:43 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Scott Augustus <scott@visgen.com>
Cc:        "Greg Smith" <gregsmith59@hotmail.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended ethernet pccard for 4.2

In message <4.3.2.20001125101528.00c75b90@pophost> Scott Augustus writes:
: At 10:47 PM 11/24/00 +0000, Greg Smith wrote:
: >I have had good luck with a 3Com 3C589D and also with a Linksys EC2T.
:
: I recall reading a few rumblings somewhere that the 3c589d works but there
: are numerous incidents with substantial packet loss. Interestingly, a
: co-worker in Atlanta complained of the same thing to me.  Anyone experience
: that?

I use the 589d all the time.  I mean that literally.  It works very
well.  The only time you'll have substaitial packet loss is when the
IRQ is badly configured.  At least that's been the case in every
single case I've investigated.

Warner