Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:17:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jacob Ritorto <jritorto@fore.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun Type6 keyboard?

	OK, so last night I plugged the Sun kb
into the usb on my already headless (serial
console) FreeBSD box.  I found a fairly busted
old PC monitor lying about and watched the boot
sequence.
	The FreeBSD loader thingie said that in
fact a keyboard was sensed and began booting with
that in mind (the console serial port remained
silent).  Unfortunately upon completion of boot,
the Sun kb was unable to effectively communicate
to the system.  I hit just about every key, but
only occasionally did a few little garbage
characters spew forth.  So there's some protocol
convusion going down I guess.
	Any ideas?  I'm encouraged that the boot
loader knew there was a kb at least!

--jake

P.S.  known good Sun kb.