Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:09:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Experience with Dell Latitude D[568]00's?

Howdy,

Just when I thought the laptop issue was resolved, I've got some new
drama. :)  I am moving to a new job, and they use Dell Latitude's there,
so I need to find out if anyone has experience with either the Latitude
D500, D600, or D800. I'm particularly interested in ACPI support in
-current, and things like suspend, resume, etc. I'm also interested in
the support for the internal wireless and bluetooth modules. It looks to
me like the Dell TrueMobile 1400 wireless card is atheros based, so that
should be fine, yes?

I'm also wondering about carrying around the D800 with the big screen.
How is the weight on that? I will definitely be traveling with this
laptop, so portability is an issue, but I'm a pretty big guy. A 7
pound laptop isn't that much worse than what I have now, and since I'm
going to be using it on the road a lot I want something I am
comfortable with.

Obviously, if you have bad experiences with these particular models, I'd
like to hear that, but please don't bother with generic "dell sux"
messages, since I need to go with what they are already using in the
office.

Thanks,

Doug