Date:      Thu, 09 Apr 2015 13:14:49 +0200
From:      David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call For Testers: Synaptics touchpads

Le 08/04/2015 09:19, Rui Paulo a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The attached patch adds support for newer touchpad features and implements two
> finger scrolling.  This is such a common feature these days that I think we
> should enable it by default and disable edge scrolling.  I've implemented some
> detection code to keep edge scrolling enabled when the touchpad has a
> dedicated area for scrolling.

Thank you very much, I always wondered why this was not supported in
FreeBSD. I also wonder if it will be tunable with the appropriate
GNOME/KDE (or just the synclient tool) settings to disable this
two-finger scroll at runtime.

> Please test it and report back your experience.  To enable synaptics support,
> you need:
>
> hw.psm.synaptics_support=1

I strongly suggest to enable this by default, it will prevent lot of
users having headaches seeking why their touchpads do not work by
default. We also added sound support by default, why not the touchpad ? :-).

David.