Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:21:36 +1000
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Dummynet priority rule doesn't work

Hi all,

I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to dummynet but I have read
the man page and lots more about it. Basically the situation is this:
We have a FreeBSD 4.5R router (with dummynet compiled in the kernel)
running a 64Kbps ISDN line to another site. The line is usually
saturated making access very slow and unreliable for some hosts on the
network. We have one host (192.168.0.50) on the network that is
particularly important and which requires priority access. So I added
the following rules, but this does not seem to help:

ipfw pipe 1 config bw 64Kbit/s
ipfw queue 1 config pipe 1 weight 90
ipfw queue 2 config pipe 1 weight 1
ipfw add 400 queue 1 tcp from 192.168.0.50 to any
ipfw add 500 queue 2 ip from any to any

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....