Date:      Fri, 03 Nov 2006 09:45:20 -0500
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vino password not working after 2.16 upgrade

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> I had to re-enter my password in the Remote Desktop capplet before I
> could connect to vino after the upgrade.

Argh... did a portupgrade last night which touched some gnome bits, and
now the problem resurfaces. This never happened before in past gnome
versions. If there was a way to fix this remotely I could live with it,
but so far nothing I've tried works.

I came across these two threads but they don't help:

I've tried using the following 2 commands to stop and restart vino:
Code:

gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/remote_access/enabled false
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/remote_access/enabled true

I've also tried running those after changing the base64 password hash in
the xml file to something else. I've also tried -HUP on vino-server.
Nothing works.