Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 09:39:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Yuri Victorovich <yurivict@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP: httpd stuck in "*Giant" state

I am running FreeBSD 5.0 on Alpha 7310.

Apache httpd was running fine for a week and today
after I've added
mod_php4 I got after 30 min a condition when all
httpd's were reported
by top as "*Giant" not responding to TCP requests and
"killall -9 httpd" didn't kill any of them.

Anyone have any idea/clue how/why this might be
happening?

I removed mod_php4 from httpd and rebooted alpha --
now it seems to be
ok.
So I don't know was it related to mod_php4 or it's a
coincidence.

Also maybe anyone can suggest documentation for SMP?

Thank you,
Yuri.