Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:49:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade complaining about texinfo

On my FreeBSD 5.5-STABLE (2006-06-16) system, every couple of months
I update my ports collection, read UPDATING, and run portupgrade -a -i.

Today when I did this, portupgrade gave me a bunch of texinfo warnings like
this:

apache-2.0.59: "/usr/ports/print/texinfo" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete

Why is it looking for that nonexistent port?

Then, when it tries to update packages that have info pages, they fail with an
error about /usr/local/bin/makeinfo not being found. Why is it not trying to
use the system's /usr/bin/makeinfo?