Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 18:38:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Tatem <tatemj@vc3.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CAM Failure?

I've got an Adaptec 2940UW and a variety of Seagate UW drives in my
system.  Been running -current with periodic updating to it for about 6-8
months now without problems.  When I CVsup'd the other night, world
compiled fine, and when I modified my kernel config file to include the
proper device names and such for CAM, everything went fine there...kernel
compiled nice and clean.  When I rebooted, it found the card itself, but
none of hte 4 drives attatched to it.  Boot my old kernel, everytihng
detects fine.  Build a kernel using the latest GENERIC kernel config, and
still l no drives found.  Download the 0927 boot.flp, and it too finds no
drives on thechain.  They all properly identify the card, but none of them
can find the drives attatched to it.  Any ideas?  I'm still running aout,
if that has anything to do with the situation (tho' since the bootdisk
also failed, I don't really see how)

--Jason