Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:09:00 -0800
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot stuck at F1 after swapping drives

> I'm wondering if I can just get rid of the booter, I only have one OS on
> my FreeBSD drive, so it doesn't really make sense to have a booter with
> only one option, I don't know, but when I had NetBSD I didn't even have
> a booter. How do I get right of boot0?

Well, you could overwrite boot0 with the "plain" MBR that just boots the
first partition on the machine. That's what this laptop does...

I know which option that is in 'sysinstall' :)

Looks to me like you'd use boot0cfg or diskinstall with /boot/mbr as the
boot0 file instead of boot0.

However, if you're seeing the 'F1' message, that /is/ boot0. I'd guess
that it's boot1 or something later in the sequence that isn't working
for you.

HTH.

Regards,

AS