Date:      Mon, 8 May 1995 06:18:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Daniel Baker <dbaker@Concorde-Mail.NeoSoft.COM>
To:        Ivan Lima <ivan@nauplius.rsmas.miami.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: colorado.tape.drive

On Mon, 8 May 1995, Ivan Lima wrote:

> 	Hi folks,
> 	I can't get the kernel to probe my Colorado tape drive. I've
> rebuilded the kernel several times trying different options but
> nothing worked. I have FreeBSD 2.0R and here's the piece of my
> configuration file:
Get the new kernel sources:
ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/systems/FreeBSD/2.0-950412-SNAP/src
and compile the new kernel and bootblocks with flags 0x1

> controller     fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
> disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
> #disk           fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
> tape            ft0     at fdc0 drive 2
>
> 	I have also tried:
>
> controller     fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
> disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
> #disk           fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
> tape            ft0     at fdc0 drive 1
>
> 	and including flags 0x1:
>
> controller fdc0 at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio flags 0x1 irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
> disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
> #disk           fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
> tape            ft0     at fdc0 drive 2
>
> 	But nothing worked.
>
> 	Is there anybody, anyone that can help me with that? Any
> suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I got it working a couple days ago with the new sources

> Thanks,
>
> -ivan-
> ivan@nauplius.rsmas.miami.edu

Daniel Baker -- NeoSoft Student Assistant (UseNet, FTP & FreeNet Admin.)
DBaker@NeoSoft.COM
DBaker@Concorde-Mail.NeoSoft.COM
      ** http://www.neosoft.com/neosoft/staff/dbaker/default.html **