Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 07:59:53 -0500
From:      "Stephen C. Comoletti" <stevec@delanet.com>
To:        pat.groce@state.sd.us
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unix is a problem: free bsd doesn't help

pat.groce@state.sd.us wrote:

> I couldn't get anything but 3.0 over the net. I mean i download boot.flp and
> fdimage.exe, made my install disk, and 3.0 was what i got. DON'T BLAME ME, I
> DID EVERYTHING THE WWW.FREEBD.ORG TOLD ME TO FOR AN INSTALL. Why didn't the
> web site or setup program warn me not to install 3.0?
>
> The web page at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html made it all
> sound so simple. I didn't know there were hidden issues!

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.7-RELEASE/floppies/boot.flp

It *is* that easy. Maybe you need to sit down, take a breath, look at the
problem again
and rethink your plan of attack to solve your problems. Hasty decisions usually
lead to
disaster and make people look foolish.

> If the system isn't configured correctly its FREEBSD'S fault! Why can't a
> fresh install even stand on two legs? So what if its out of disk space? Not
> my fault. It should have configured the partitions correctly from the first
> place. What a joke! And you're blaming ME for the system having problems?

I just installed a new web server using 3.0, aside from a buggy ether card (not
bsd's
fault) I had no trouble. BSD is not for the in-experienced I dont think. You
need more
than a vage knowledge of unix to work with it. And I think patience is the most
important thing you need (this applies to any OS).

--
Stephen C. Comoletti
Asst. Systems Administrator