Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 08:28:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andy Smith <andy.smith@reuters.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1, Formatting of SyQuest drive

OK, After must trial and deliberation, I give in:-(

Can you please help with the following..

System:- FreeBSD 2.1, running on Pentium PC, 850Mb IDE HD(drive 0),
32Mb RAM, Mitsumi IDE CD-ROM, SyQuest EZ135 (drive 1), Rebuilt kernel
for IDE devices and 2 x DE435 Ether cards, Dec DE435 PCI Ether cards
(de0 de1).

Problem 1 - On install the system reports the EZ135 as being 270Mb,
rather than 135Mb, it reports 1024 cyl rather than 512.

I have overcome this by manual intervention, but is there a proper
work around??

Problem 2 - How do I format and initialise a new EZ135 cartridge from
the root CLI?? I have tried various things, but to no avail. Is there
a defined type or devices entry for an EZ135??

Thanks in advance

Andy