Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 1996 11:36:34 +0000 ()
From:      Mark Cheeseman <cheese@bbq.websource.com.au>
To:        vazquez@IQM.Unicamp.BR (Pedro A M Vazquez)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding a second disk - what am I missing?

Pedro A M Vazquez wrote:

> Mark Cheeseman said:

> > > You need to specify a BSD partition, ie a,d,e etc.  I assume you're using
> > > the entire disk and don't want to partition it, so newfs the a drive:
> > >
> > > newfs /dev/rsd0s1a
> >
> > Except that I don't seem to have an "a" partition: "newfs: /dev/rsd0s1a: No
> > such file or directory"
> >
> > I guess there must be another step in there somewhere. Any more suggestions?
>
> have you run disklabel?

I thought sysinstall was supposed to take care of that so I haven't tried it
until now. Everything looks sensible except for the last few lines which
say something like (excuse any typos - I don't have cut/paste here):

8 partitions:
#	size       offset       fstype  [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c:	2031650		0	unused	0     0     # (Cyl.   0 - 27088*)

Can I just change "unused" to "freebsd"? What should I do about the 8
partitions? Change it to 1, or leave it as it is?

Thanks,
Mark