Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2006 12:15:02 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <freebsd@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win32-codecs

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 12:00, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > From: Beech Rintoul <freebsd@alaskaparadise.com>
> > Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:46:02 -0900
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org
> >
> > I want to override the forbidden on the win32-codecs port. I removed the
> > forbidden line from the makefile, but it still comes up forbidden. How do
> > I override this. The vulnerability isn't a problem on the machine I'm
> > updating.
>
> The latest version of the port has not been forbidden for a
> while. Update you ports and audit files (the latter should be
> automatically updated) and build it with the default options (no
> QuickTime) and it should be fine.
>
> If you need to over-ride the issue, you may find the details in mail on
> this list or stable from a week or two ago.

Thank you. I did in fact have the QuickTime knob checked. Now it's building.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise Travel
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com