Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:10:34 GMT
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/63808: No manpage for devfs.conf

The following reply was made to PR docs/63808; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc: ws+freebsd-gnats-submit@au.dyndns.ws
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:07:49 +0100

 --ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

 Hi,

 I have recently switched to FreeBSD. Although IMHO FreeBSD is very well
 documented, with lots of excellent manual pages, I really missed manual
 pages for devfs.conf and devfs.rules.

 So I created them, based on my reading of other manual pages and the
 startup scripts. You can find them at the following URI:
 http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/freebsd/

 I would like to ask for feedback on these manual pages. In particular I
 would like to know what needs to be done to make them suitable for
 submission, and whom I should submit them to when finished, since manual
 pages are not deemed to be part of the documentation set.

 Although I've tried to adhere to groff_mdoc(7) and have used other
 manual pages as examples, the lists in the examples in devfs.conf.5 and
 devfs.rules.5 come out mangled when rendering in HTML. Text and
 PostScript look fine. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

 Roland
 --=20
 R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/         X     No Word docs in email
                                      / \    Respect for open standards

 --ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q