Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 1995 00:07:26 MST
From:      steve@khoros.unm.edu (Steven Jorgensen)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   nfs mounting problem.

	Hello,

	I'm having a problem with nfs under freeBSD 2.0 (the version from
	the CDROM)  It is giving me the following error:

	NFS Portmap: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive

	when I try to mount a disk from a remote machine.  The exports
	file is correct on the remote machine, and nfsd is running along
	with portmap.  It used to work, but now all I get is this
	error message.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any help.

					Steve

Steven Jorgensen        | Khoral Research Inc.
steve@khoros.unm.edu    | 6001 Indian School, Suite 200
(505) 837-6500          | Albuquerque, NM 87110
This Space for Rent.	| URL: http://www.khoros.unm.edu/