Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:50:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Adam Kaufman <adam_kaufman@yahoo.com>
To:        "David S. Madole" <david@madole.net>
Cc:        freebsd-tokenring@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: oltr driver

--- "David S. Madole" <david@madole.net> wrote:
> ISA cards are no longer supported by the oltr
> driver. I think they were dropped when the driver
> was rewritten for newbus around 4.3-RELEASE.

That's good to know.  Perhaps someone could update
LINT to reflect that.

> I have gotten the OC-3118 working for a project of
> mine. It's a quick hack but it works. You can get
> the replacement if_oltr.c file from:

Thanks, but these are for production machines and I'd
like something a little more solid.

> I also have a "proper" version of support for ISA
> cards that I started, but it's unfinished as of now.

> If you're interested in working on it, I could dig
> up where I left off.

Sorry, but I don't have the time to work on it.

I think I'll buy some cards that are well supported.
Which would be the best token ring cards (PCI or ISA)
to use for FreeBSD 4.9 and 5.1?

-Adam