Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 1999 12:53:29 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   pop & sendmail and more

Hello everybody...

Perhaps the following is a silly question... if yes consider this message
only to wish everyone an Happy Easter...:-)

The silly question is : Is there a pop3d/imapd that can read the
/etc/mail/virtualusertable to allow user to get their mail with their pop
account and not with their real account ?

I.e

Virtual domain : virtual.com
Real box: box.real.com

real account1 : user1@real.com  virtual account : virtualuser@virtual.com

When user1 send mail can obviusly send it as  virtualuser@virtual.com
(sendmail permitting), but when it have to get it he has to used
user1@real.com
Now what I looking for is a patch/hack or an existing pop3d/imapd that can
use the virtualtable to associate the account with the username...

I really don't know if it exist and if it can be possible, but I ask here
to be sure of it :-)

Ok... I understand ...
Happy Easter to everybody :-)

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it