Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:57:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      regisr <regisr@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: [freebsd-stable] Re: Macromedia FLASH ...

On 23-Feb-2004 John Merryweather Cooper wrote:

> The best bet I've found is to install the linuxpluginwrapper port, but
> you'll need a recently compiled 4.9-STABLE world/kernel to make it work.

As you are an expert about this ... I have also a problem with java plug-in.
(The standalone works fine)

(Native java) jdk-1.4.2p6_3
mozilla-firebird-0.7_3 (firefox in the ports crashes when loading a SSL page as
the first tab)
FreeBSD 4.9 stable (CVS 22 feb)
javavmwrapper-1.4

I have read than I should delete it but:
package 'javavmwrapper-1.4' is required by these other
packages and may not be deinstalled:
jdk-1.4.2p6_3
linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.03

If I make a link /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so
in the directory /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/ firebird ends without any
message (epiphany too)

If I delete it I can run the browsers (but not java of course).