Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:37:55 -0700
From:      "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean@speakeasy.org>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange Printing with CUPS

 >  uname -a
FreeBSD P9X79.tddhome 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #0: Thu Feb 23
20:06:18 PST 2012     root@P9X79.tddhome:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

 > ls /var/db/pkg | grep cup
cups-1.5.0/
cups-base-1.5.2/
cups-client-1.5.2_1/
cups-image-1.5.2/
cups-pstoraster-8.15.4_6/
cups-smb-backend-1.0_6/

I cannot determine if this is a port problem or a install/config problem
or missing something.

When I print to a windows printer (HP C4100) using the seamonkey port it
appears the fonts are strange.  Characters on the printed page are only
partially formed and mostly unreadable.

Printing the same web page from windows and linux (seamonkey) CUPS
produces the expected quality print.

Using lpr with a text file works as expected.

I think I am missing something on the FreeBSD machine, but, what?

 From  http://localhost:631/printers/C4100
Location:	HP C4100 on <windows machine>
Driver:	HP DeskJet Series (color, 2-sided printing)
Connection:	smb://<windows machine>/C4100
Defaults:	job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in sides=one-sided

Tom Dean