Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 95 14:59:34 -0400
From:      Yves Lepage <yves@CC.McGill.CA>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   The redes-l list

Hi all,

I've tried getting info on that damn list.

I verified (telnet damnhost 25) and they don't have a listserv or majordomo
alias or user.

The list alias goes to catmail, which suggest that they use some kind of
software for managing mailing lists.

One theory:

They have hackers@freebsd.org as a subscribers to their redes-l mailing
and they also have their own listserv as a member.

A fix would be for the FreeBSD lists manager to add redes-l@mixit.ansp.br
to an ignore file (listserv can do it, not sure about majordomo though).

I sent a request to redes-l for a list of all the subscribers to redes-l,
if my theory checks, we'll all get the reply and we'll know for sure
if hackers@freebsd.org is in fact a subscriber to their list.

I hope this will help, it was my goal anyway.

Yves Lepage
yves@cc.mcgill.ca