Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:40:21 -0400
From:      "MikeM" <MyRaQ@mgm51.com>
To:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au, ahl@austclear.com.au (Tony Landells)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hogwash

On 6/25/02 at 4:25 PM Darren Reed wrote:

> What benefit are we *really* getting from their "code audits" ?

We are getting the benefit of all the security bugs and issues that
they *have* found and fixed before they were found by others.

Do I expect the security audits to catch everything?  No.  To have
that expectation would be unreasonable.

Do I feel that proactive security is better than reactive security?
Yes.