Date:      Thu, 23 May 2013 10:53:33 +0200
From:      Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>
To:        Paul Kraus <paul@kraus-haus.org>
Cc:        Liste FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS install on a partition

 Le 17/05/2013 ? 20:03:30-0400, Paul Kraus a écrit

> ZFS is stable, it is NOT as tuned as UFS just due to age. UFS in all of it's various incarnations has been tuned far more than any filesystem has any right to be. I spent many years managing Solaris system and I was truly amazed at how tuned the Solaris version of UFS was.
>
> I have been running a number of 9.0 and 9.1 servers in production, all running ZFS for both OS and data, with no FS related issues.

Have you ever try to update a ZFS Pool on 9.0 to 9.1 ?

I've a server with a big zpool in 9.0 I'm wonder if it's good idea to
upgrade to 9.1. If I lost the data I'm  close to dead person. If I thinking
to upgrade to 9.1 it's because I got small issue about NFSD, LACP.

Regards.

JAS

--
Albert SHIH