Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:50:12 +0100
From:      Gordon Bergling <gbergling@0xfce3.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with libkse (was: stable java environment on FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE)

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

Hi freebsd-java@,

On Tue Jan 27, 2004 at 07:06PM +0100, Gordon Bergling wrote:
> Hi freebsd-java@,
>=20
> I would like to setup a stable java environment on a FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE
> system. The primary goal for this is to coding java programs with
> eclipse. I have read all information I found on google.com and
> freebsd.org/java, but I don't get all answers for the questions I have.
> ;)
>=20
> I had tried the installation of jdk-1.3 but the only version I get to
> work was the 'linux-sun-jdk1.3'. I am a little bit confused about these
> many versions around. So here are the questions. :)

I had successfully installed a jdk1.4.2p6 without problems. I tried some
java programs and benchmarks. They all seems to run normal. At next I
installed eclipse from a recent ports-tree. If I start eclipse it=20
was starting the gui and stopped afterwards. The application was stalled wi=
thout
getting any response from it. The output of top was a little bit confusing.
The java process used minimal cpu time, but the system value was nearly
100 percent. So I tried 'top -S' to see if any kernel process is
consuming all the time, but there was nothing unusual.

After changed libkse to libc_r via /etc/libmap.conf the applications
started normal.

BTW, the benchmark was nearly three time faster as with libkse.

If I can provide more information please let me know.

best regards,

	Gordon

--=20
Gordon Bergling <GBergling@0xfce3.net>	      http://www.0xFCE3.net/
PGP Fingerprint:  7732 9BB1 5013 AE8B E42C  28E0 93B9 D32B C76F 02A0
RIPE-HDL: MDTP-RIPE		"There is no place like 127.0.0.0/8"

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--