Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:00:43 +0200 (EET)
From:      San Yeremko <san@hq.ups.kiev.ua>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2 ethernet cards in 1 computer

Hello,

I installed FreeBSD on Pentium-100 (Intel 430VX) and when
I tried to setup 2 ethernet cards in it, I had a problem :(
These cards are Intel EtherExpress (ISA) and NE2000-compatible
(ISA).. I wrote in my kernel config:

device ed0 at isa? port 0x320 net irq 12 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr
device ex0 at isa? port 0x210 net irq 5  iomem 0xd8000 vector exintr

When my kernel started it detected all cards and I saw on my screen
both ethernet addresses. Configuring of network interface ex0 had no
problems, but after configuring ed0 I had next message:

/kernel: ed0: device timeout

I leaved NE2000 card alone in computer -- it worked very well.
I tried to setup 2 NE2000-compatible cards:

device ed0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr
device ed1 at isa? port 0x320 net irq 12 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr

But I had:

/kernel: ed0: device timeout
/kernel: ed1: device timeout

Would you, please, tell me how to resolve such problem?

Thank you very much,
Best regards and wishes,
San Yeremko