Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:18:06 -0500
From:      Mikel King <mikel.king@ocsny.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   category suggestion....

I am not exactly sure where one would suggest adding a new category to
the ports but in any event this seems as good a place as any to debate
adding another classification for ports...As a parent it would be useful
to have educational type ports grouped as such. For instance my 7 year
old was having trouble with certain basic math constructs...I nearly
wrote my own math tutor until I stumbled accross one already in the
games section, called garith. I most likely will make something else
better suited to her needs but for now it will suffice. Now that I found
this I am sure if one were too look carefully enough they could find
several apps that could atleast be cross posted.

cheers,
mikel