Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:53:20 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        Marc Nicholas <marc@hippocampus.net>
Cc:        "Christopher G. Petrilli" <petrilli@dworkin.amber.org>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'm back.

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Marc Nicholas wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Christopher G. Petrilli wrote:
>
> > I think you miss the statement IDE... this is a "black box" that to all
> > parties looks just like a IDE drive would, and the OS is totally unaware
> > of the fact that it's actually flash... no support needed.
>
> Correct.
>
> And writing a flash filesystem with wear levelling etc. is a duplicate of
> other peoples efforts.
>
> So either grab a motherboard with DiskOnChip support or use a flash drive
> with an IDE or SCSI interface.

yeah, I was wrong - but the reality is that I was sent a PC-FD-16
flashdisk, which is an ISA card (I presume it's cheaper than the "true
IDE" version), and I can't change this fac. :-)

Besides, this will be more beneficial, because we'll finally start to use
3.0-current abilities to call real-mode BIOS.

Andrzej Bialecki