Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 2015 10:30:47 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        Dominik Zajac <banym@banym.de>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Optimization flags lead to not working loader.efi

--------------enigFA2930A3AE2E53E5096221DD

 Bez=FCglich Dominik Zajac's Nachricht vom 08.01.2015 19:30 (localtime):
> Hi,
>
> while testing on my workstation I had some optimizations flags in
> place while I did buildword of 10-STABLE.
>
> The system failed to boot because of a not working loader.efi
> I replaced the loader.efi with the one from the STABLE snapshot media
> and the sytem loaded up correctly and worked as I could see.
>
> To verify I removed all custom flags from my make.conf and rebuilt
> world again which leads to a fully working system again.
>
> Not sure if its a real bug or needs some more investigation.

This would really need more investigation, it's been discussed some time
ago here:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2014-September/052345=
=2Ehtml

But there are other oddities with core-avx2 optimization, like discussed
here:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2014-December/081382.h=
tml

Unfortunately I don't have enough compiler knowledge, nor even enough
time at the moment to do anything helpful, just link to answers I'll
track as soon as possible:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2014-September/052354=
=2Ehtml
Bug Report: