Date:      Fri, 02 Nov 2001 22:01:13 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        ache@nagual.pp.ru
Cc:        nin@Jp.FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: About stscasestr() prototyped with string.h of current lib

Hi,

>>>>> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:01:19 +0300
>>>>> "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru> said:

ache> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 17:36:04 +0900, NINOMIYA Hideyuki wrote:

> In implementation with current, even if you implemented it for the
> reason that Linux included, there is the problem that behavior is
> different from Linux in about prototyping reference.

ache> 1) Our strcasestr() implementation is not related to Linux that way.
ache> 2) Program must not prototype by itself system-wide functions and should
ache> relay on system headers instead.
ache> 3) Programs which not follows rule #2 must be fixed by removing
ache> prototypes in question from their headers.

I think nin said that having strcasestr() in our standard header
breaks existing program.  That is, our header seems not confirm
standard.  Mew2 could be compiled even on Linux which has
strcasestr().

Sincerely,

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/