Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:00:55 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable List <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VMware hanging with more memory

From the keyboard of Vivek Khera:

> HM> Setting down the vmware memory to 64 megs did not solve the problem,
> HM> but removing the 128 megs solved it. With 128 megs i'm again able to
> HM> run vmware. This is strange ....
>
> HM> I just scanned the mailing list archives and found Barry Lustig having
> HM> reported nearly/exactly the same problem on 12/5/00. Has this been solved
> HM> somehow in the meantime ?
>
> Yes; there were patches posted the following day. Check the mailing
> list archives.  I believe they were committed to CVS, too.  I had the
> same problem solved by those patches.

Thanks for the reply! It seems the web-based mailing list search has a bug
since it showed only four or five articles of the thread in question. Going
directly into the mailing list archive, i found all twenty or so articles
and the fixes you mention.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77