Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:52:10 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        mwright@pro-ns.net, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it possible to use a LanMedia LMC1200 with frame relay?

mwright@pro-ns.net wrote:

> > Julian Elischer wrote:

> How

> > > If it's supported by one of the drivers that supports netgraph then yes it
> > > can do frame relay..
> > > check the examples in /usr/share/examples/netgraph and substitute in the
> > > appropriate driver name.
> >
> > To answer my own question, the 'lmc' driver
> > has the following constant in it:
> > LMC_CTL_CARDTYPE_LMC1200
> > so I presume it can.. in which case, use Netgraph to
> > supply your frame relay
>
> Julian -
>
> thanks for your help.  I understand that you're one of the netgraph experts,
> and I'm hoping that you might be able to decypher the following error message I
> get.  When I do the following:
>
> ngctl mkpeer lmc0: frame_relay rawdata downstream
> ngctl mkpeer lmc0:rawdata lmi dlci0 auto0
> ngctl mkpeer lmc0:rawdata rfc1490 dlci15 downstream
>
> I get this error after the last command:
> ngctl: send msg: No such file or directory
>
> What does this mean?
>
> This is what dmesg says, which looks right to me:
> lmc0: <Lan Media Coporation T1> port 0xf880-0xf8ff mem 0xffbefc00-0xffbefc7f
> irq 11 at device 16.0 on pci0
> lmc0: pass 2.2, serial 00:60:99:00:23:6d
> lmc0: driver is using old-style compatability shims

yes but does netgraph know it;s there?

ngctl list

should show the lmc device:
if it does not then the driver wasn't compiled with netgraph properly

if it does then I would do:

#make the fram mux and name it.
  ngctl mkpeer lmc0: frame_relay rawdata downstream
  ngctl name lmc0:rawdata mux

#make the lmi handler and name it. connect it to 2 hooks
  ngctl mkpeer mux: lmi dlci0 auto0
  ngctl name mux:dlci0 lmi
  ngctl connect mux: lmi: dlci1023 auto1023

#make an rfc1490 handler and put it on dlci 15 (if that's where it should go,)
  ngctl mkpeer mux: rfc1490 dlci15 downstream
  ngclt name mux:dlci15 rfc

#put a routable interface on the stack.
  ngctl mkpeer rfc: iface inet inet

#and ifconfig it
  ifconfig ng0 1.2.3.4 5.6.7.8 netmask 255.255.255.255

(having altered mark's version..)

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org