Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2011 16:59:13 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: happy hacker lite 2 keyboard

Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com> wrote:

> - > All newer HH keuboards are usb ones. Manufacturer doesn't
> - > confirm connection to ps/2 port with usb to ps/2 adapter.
> - > Is there any reason not to do that on amd64?
> -
> - Hrm, strange that a nice keyboard like that comes as USB only.
>
> The orginal Happy Hacker was PS2.

The original Happy Hacking Keyboard offered a choice of PS/2, Sun,
and ADB with different adapter cables.

The original HHKB Lite was PS/2.

> I don't know if the original Happy Hacker keyboard is still
> available, it hasn't been an issue for me. :D

The successor to the original HHKB were the HHKB Professional (I'm
typing this on one) and now the HHKB Professional 2.  Both are USB
only; the Pro2 added a hub.

Wikipedia has an overview of all models:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Happy_Hacking_Keyboard