Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 02:50:29 -0700
From:      Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
To:        James Howard <howardjp@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Real FreeBSD (fwd)

I actually hung out with Scott at USENIX. Quite a friendly guy. HE was
wearing both a FreeBSD shirt and hat for all of the second half of the
week. This is a perfect example of how important it is for our attitudes
to remain tempered. A bunch of hot headed, unhelpful advocates would
have lost this guy to the wolves. Instead the project now has another
very happy advocate.

BTW, it was JMB that had hacked together the driver for his PCMCIA card
which Scott happened to have as well. John made sure that Scott got the
driver up and running. JMB should get a pat on the back for going the
extra mile. :)

-Bill

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 11:27:26PM -0400, James Howard wrote:
> This is something I got in response to the "Daemon News" article.  This
> could be spun into a really wicked advocacy piece I think.  :)
>
> Jamie

-=| --- B i l l   S w i n g l e --- http://www.dub.net/
-=| unfurl@dub.net  - unfurl@freebsd.org - bill@cdrom.com
-=| Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little