Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:27:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Remy Nonnenmacher <remy@boostworks.com>
To:        coredumped@coredumped.null.ru
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: staroffice 5.2

On 22 Jun, Eugeny Kuzakov wrote:
> hi*&
>
> Has anyone succesfully installed subj?

Yes. But beware that the SO setup program is very restrictive about
display depth and do not work if it can't acquire enought colors.

For me, it fails on 8 bits and on 8+24 bits but works well on 24 bits.
(not tried with 15 or 16 bits).

If the setup doesn't start, it dies silently and the port install
fails, looking like it *is* a port problem instead of the Staroffice
setup program one.

(BTW, I found SO far more stable under FBSD linux emulation than under a
real linux).

RN.
ItM