Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:13:01 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mutt-emacs-sh and curses (was Re: pine4 and mutt)

According to Greg Lehey:
> See this reply?  It was written in an Emacs editor invoked from mutt.
> Before I started the reply, I pressed ^G several times.  In other
> words, the information from the list is wrong.

The information sent here is imprecise. The problem is (was) happening at
the console only. That's the problem Martin Cracauer was working on a while
ago where Emacs traps SIGINT for ^G handling but the shell get it too and
both programs end up fighting for the console.

It was fixed in February but Martin backed it out.

cracauer    1998/02/06 10:14:27 PST

  Modified files:
    bin/sh               jobs.c
  Log:
  Fix handling of SIGINT/SIGQUIT for foreground subprocesses. Most
  urgent need is when you run sh around a program that intentionally
  uses SIGQUIT/SIGINT for asynchronous events, i.e. $EDITOR started from
  system(2), like many mailers do. This fixes PR bin/1206 and possibly
  bin/4241.
cracauer    1998/02/06 15:50:40 PST

  Modified files:
    bin/sh               jobs.c
  Log:
  Back out my previous attempt to fix SIGINT/SIGTERM behaviour

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.19      +0 -16     src/bin/sh/jobs.c

It may still be a bug, I don't it is fixed yet.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #61: Sun Jul 12 14:38:23 CEST 1998