Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 23:17:31 -0500
From:      Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making one's own wireless base station

've bought a Linksys PCI wireless card, and am looking to make my own base
station. Does anyone know (once I have the right drivers installed) what to do
next? I assume that I can assign the network interface its own IP (it'll have
a subnet all of its very own), run a dhcp server on it and hand out addresses.
Do I have to do any thing else to get it going? What would I use to set ESSIDs
and passords?

	Stephen
-
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California