Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:38:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   lan, alias, ppp

Greetings,

I know I'm missing the obvious, but no sleep makes no smart.

I have three machines of various type running on a lan, the server and
one of the others is running 2.2.1R, NFS, Apache on server. The third runs
NT workstation. I've read the docs by Brian Sommers (great! a big help!).

The NT machine easily goes through the server out to the web. (Based
on Brian's docs) The second freebsd machine goes nowhere, except to
the local pages on the server, just like the NT machine. It will not link
off of the local pages to the outside.

I'm at a loss to guess how, or what, to set up on the client;
ppp? tun0? edo?(NE2000's), what?...

Thanks for the right word to kickstart my brain! (in advance)

John