Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 22:25:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      john hood <cgull@smoke.marlboro.vt.us>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A quick note to those without DNS resolvable mail hosts.

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:
 > In order to combat the absolute flood of spam which has been coming
 > into my mailbox lately, I've gone to more aggressive sendmail filtering
 > which:

I'll note that at least one reason for the absolute flood is all the
mail->news gateways that the lists get piped into.  My ISP is getting
FreeBSD list messages in at least five separate "local" hierarchies,
and I'm sure they're missing some.

That's a lot of @ signs for the spammers to latch onto.

  --jh

--
John Hood				cgull@smoke.marlboro.vt.us

Predictably, they all eventually wandered away, rubbing their bruises
and brushing mud out of their hair.  Some went off to work for the
ESA, launching much smaller rockets into low orbits, while others
elected to sit on their front porches drinking Jim Beam from the
bottle and launching bottle rockets from the empties. [Jordan Hubbard]