Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:42:28 -0700
From:      Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, freegih <freegih@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: [wifi] wifimgr for freebsd

On Jun 22, 2012, at 1:32 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Hi!
>=20
> On 18 June 2012 03:43, freegih <freegih@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I made a wifi script based on  the wlanconfig in bsdinstaller.
>> here is the code:
>> https://github.com/gihnius/freebsd-wifi
>>=20
>> I think we can make it more suitable for many devices and normal use.
>>=20
>> Any idea to write a normal feature script to use freebsd wifi easily ?
>>=20
>> and thanks to the author of wlanconfig.
>=20
> I'd love to see a non-ridiculous command line toolkit (which could
> later be extended to be GUI) for FreeBSD wireless.
>=20

I think bsdconfig is the right landing zone for this (once it's tested -- c=
heck out the port sysutils/bsdconfig -- and committed).

bsdconfig is:
(a) scriptable
(b) pluggable
(c) modular
(d) Supports both Command-line (dialog) and GUI (Xdialog)
(e) is i18n-compatible
(f) written in sh(1) with very clean code that is properly scoped and consi=
stent
--=20
Devin