Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 09:57:10 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape config

As Michael Smith wrote:

> > ..., and the outcome of their technicians was
> > that this old Emulex adapter is frozen to SCSI ID 4.
>
> If that was the case, I wouldn't have been able to put three of them
> on my old 3/60 8)

So their technicians were wrong.  Anyway, i was unable to guess the
SCSI ID jumpers successfully either. ;-)

> > The drive itself should be QIC-02, so if you've got an interface card
> > for this, you could use it directly with the wt(4) driver.
>
> I actually recently scored one of these cards (an Archive SC400) and a
> suitable drive; if someone has jumper docs on the card, I would be
> happy to keep it for future driver testing if required...

Mine (donated to FreeBSD by Wilko Bulte) is working.  It has the
following jumpers set:

CC and Y, between the QIL chip in the center and the 5 LEDs.
KK at the bottom.

A6 and A9 at the address block, i think that's 0x240.
IRQ 5, DRQ 1, and DACK 1 are obvious.

This should be all there is to be.

--
cheers, J"org