Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:02:57 -0700
From:      Astrodog <astrodog@gmail.com>
To:        rseals@vdsi.net, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD or Intel

> I purchased an e-machines AMD laptop in April and had nothing but
> problems with cooling.  The machine constantly over heated.  So, if you
> go the AMD route.  Make sure you do some research and specifically
> cooling issues.
>=20
> Ray
>=20

As a quick note, AMD Mobiles (Athlon64 Mobile, etc), tend to consume
less power than comparable Intels (Non-Mobile P4s, Mobile EEs, etc).
The overheating issue is most likely an e-machines issue, than an AMD
one, per se. That being said, one thing to note on the AMD line, is
that there really isn't a true low power mobile processor, either. Its
basically Athlon64, Turion(sp), or Semperon, none of which would
compare to say Pentium M, on power usage as far as I'm aware.

I've had great luck with my AMD64 laptop, myself. (Athlon64 3000)