Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 15:22:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      Scott Mace <smace@metal-mail.neosoft.com>
To:        mw@pandora.sax.de
Cc:        current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD problems - VM bug?

I experienced the random singal 11's back then when my -current was about
equal to the SNAP.  I no longer get those problems with the latest -current.
The problem seemed to hinge around -O2 optimization instead of -O.

The solution for me was to recompile the world with -O instead of -O2.
I think the best solution for anyone running the 02 SNAP is that they
should upgrade to the latest SNAP (its a pain but probably more feasable
than recompiling everything).

Like I said, -O2 does not seem to cause these problems anymore.  I havn't
seen a singal 11 for quite some time.

	Scott