Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:29:29 -0400
From:      DAve <dave.list@pixelhammer.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Indiana goes to DST

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2006, at 2:37 PM, hackmiester / Hunter Fuller wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 28 March 2006 09:58, Jacob S wrote:

>> While we're on this subject, what do we do when DST is extended?
>
> I am sure that an update between now and next Spring will bring us
> updated timezones, so as long as you never update your machine will you
> be SOL, otherwise you will be ok
>
> Chad

Yes I beleive that would be correct. The link provided earlier by Dave
McCammon was for complete new TZ data. The update is easy and worked
just fine for my FreeBSD, NetBSD. Unpacking the new zone files and
running make, make install, then either running tzsetup or linking your
appropriate zone file to /etc/localtime. Solaris boxes required reading
the man pages on zic.

So new zone files should be available when the time comes.

DAve

--
This message was checked by forty monkeys and
found to not contain any SPAM whatsoever.

Your monkeys may vary