Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 1996 22:26:19 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        "Hong Yan (Karen)" <hyan@aquinas.helios.nd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI devices on FreeBSD

On Mar 20, 11:55, "Hong Yan (Karen)" wrote:
} Subject: PCI devices on FreeBSD
} Hi,
} 	I now install FreeBSD on a Pentium, this machine has PCI slot,
} and I've got a ncr825 PCI-SCSI host adapter. If I want to make this adapter
} work on the machine, what should I do? From the "Configuration Options in
} FreeBSD", I read that PCI devices are not supported. But I read some pci

There has been support for PCI devices
in FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 already, and it has
been extended over time. Where did you
get the impression, that there was no
support ? That docs will have to be
changed ...

} source code under the directory "pci/". Shall I write the adapter driver?
} And how can I add the new driver?
} 	I'd appreciate it if you can respond at your earliest convinience.

The NCR 53c810 works since summer 1994,
and the WIDE SCSI code was added later
that year. It should work out of the
box. What problems do you see ?

Regards, STefan
--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160