Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:27:52 -0800
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: GPL vs BSD Licence

> > 	I have, and while I don't bash them, I disagree with many of their
> > interpretations
>
> > because they don't seem to reflect any understanding
> > whatsoever of copyright law.
>
> What you just said there was a bash.

	Not a bash. It's a indisputable fact that there are wacko GPL advocates who
have no understanding of copyright law at all and just assume that it works
the naive way they think it should work. They say things as absurd as that
one work can be a derivative work of another even though the authors of that
work never saw any of the work it's supposed to be derivative of.

	There are wackos on the other side too, of course.

	DS