Date:      Sat, 5 Nov 2005 00:23:30 +0900
From:      Byung-Hee HWANG <bh@izb.knu.ac.kr>
To:        Nicholas Wieland <nicholas_wieland@yahoo.it>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org, bland@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gnome-terminal and locale support

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:11:24AM +0100, Nicholas Wieland wrote:
>  - Alexander Nedotsukov :
> > >When I run xterm I get a:
> > > Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
> >
> > And this is strange. I do not think your problem is GNOME related. Which
> > X11 port do you use (XFree86 or Xorg)? Are they up to date? What will
> > happen if you replace it_IT.ISO8859-15 with it_IT.ISO-8859-15?
>
> I'm using xorg, and everything is up to date.
> I'll try a portupgrade -fr xorg, I did the same thing for perl (locale
> problems after upgrading to 6.0RC1) and it did the trick.

I also met the problem after upgrading to 6.0-STABLE.

: bh@viola:~> setenv LC_CTYPE ko_KR.UTF-8; gnome-terminal
: GNOME Terminal: locale not understood by C library, internationalization will not work
: (gnome-terminal:7574): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
:        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

What's wrong?

It's my environment:
	# uname -v
	FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #0: Thu Nov  3 20:03:20 MST 2005     bh@viola.izb.knu.ac.kr:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

	# pkg_info | grep gnome2
	gnome2-lite-2.12.1  The "meta-port" of the GNOME desktop slimmed down for FreeB

--
Byung-Hee